How to integrate Spring Security with Spring boot
Add the following dependency in your build.gradle
Basic Spring Security Configurations
- Step 1 : Add the dependency in your build.gradle
- Step 2 : Run your application gradle bootRun for gradle and mvn spring:run for maven
- The default username is user and the password will be printed in the logs as shown in the image above. So in this case you can login using
username = user password = // printed in logs
Note :: A new password will be created each time the application restarts.
Spring Security Configurations with defined username and password
- Add the following in your application.properties
security.user.name=user security.user.password=password security.user.role=USER, ADMIN
- Using this approach you will be able to login to your application using the username and password defined by you.
- The default Roles assigned on login will be the one specified by you in properties file.